Secured & Flexible Cellular Solution for ATM/POS Networking
ATMs offer the height of banking convenience. Financial institutions strive to keep their machines online for 24/7/365, to satisfy customer demands. Downtime means frustration for customers and potential revenue loss for banks.
For some areas (for example, unattended ATM, POS suburban area), cellular based network can provide banks with more advantages and benefits than traditional network media:
- Wide coverage - reduce the construction cost
- Low communication costs - Reduced communication costs caused by data flow
- Easy install & maintenance - Quick and easy installation with existing IP infrastructure
Different from SOHO cellular devices, for banks’ usage, cellular devices must fulfill the needs of:
- Rugged – Robust in harsh outdoor environment (wide temperature/humidity), prevent damage from sunshine, fog and etc.
- Auto-Recovery -- Reliablity in un-attended remote sites ensures cash flow can be continuously sent to bank center
- Safe -- Secured Tunnels for cash flow (support VPN, Firewall), preventing illegal access
- Easy to install for large volume
InHand Industrial Cellular Router InRouter 700 Series can help banks to realize remote secured data transmission without considering distance and geographic conditions:
1.InRouter 700 dialup to local operator’s private APN (VPDN) network, then build up a IPSec VPN tunnel in this VPDN tunnel to double-ensure security;
2.ATM/POS/IP Camera etc. can send data to Bank’s data center via this IPSec over VPDN securely;
3.Always online ensures reliable data transmission even when connection failed.
InHand cellular data transmission is especially appropriate for high-secure & high-reliable applications because of its advantages:
- Robust in harsh outdoor environment:
- Wide operating temperature:-25-70 Humidity: 95% RH
- Long MTBF (over 30 years!) with high reliability, reducing maintenance costs for customers
- Reliable link between remote field and center via GPRS/UMTS networks has three layers’ link detection and can redial to internet if failed
- VPNs provide with high-secured tunnels for UP/DOWN data flow, support IPSec/PPTP/GRE/L2TP/OpenVPN and especially support IPSec over VPDN
- Proven by major banks including ICBC, ABC, CMB, etc.
- Compact design, can be easily installed in ATM/POS