Fiber Ring Meets Need for Long Distance Data Transmission
in Water Treatment Industry
- Water is the source of life, the urban wastewater treatment is an inseparable part in urban modernization. The building of advanced, reliable and economic automatic wastewater treatment system is of vital importance to people’s quality of life.
- Communication network is the most basic and most key part in the wastewater treatment system, and the reliability of network decides the reliability of the system. Wastewater treatment needs to prevent ground loop interference, network electromagnetic interference and radio frequency interference, therefore industrial grade network equipment is a must. Also, as the equipment are widely distributed and are often located in harsh environment, the best choice would be industrial Ethernet that adopts single-mode fiber as the transmission media.
- ISM 2008D managed industrial Ethernet switches in backbone network form a fiber ring across each wastewater treatment workshop
- Connect the PLC, HMI, industrial PC and other field devices of each wastewater treatment workshop to the local Ethernet interface of ISM2008D managed industrial Ethernet switch
- Connect the central control room also through an ISM2008D managed industrial Ethernet switch to the ring.
- Guarantee high reliability of the whole wastewater treatment system with the high reliability of ISM2008D managed industrial Ethernet switch
- ISM 2008D, managed DIN-Rail mounting industrial Ethernet switch with 8 ports
- InSwitch adopts aluminum alloy housing with fanless cooling technology, MTBF (Mean Time between Failures) reaches 35 years, adequately ensuring the long term stability of network.
- Can realize remote monitoring through SNMP protocol, flexibly expandable and easy to use.
- InSwitch support redundant power input, preventing data loss caused by power failures, ensuring network robustness.
- InSwitch supports optical-fiber transmission, highly resistant to interference of external factors while transmitting mass data over long distance.
- Alarm sending based on user-defined event types, convenient for system administrator to learn real-time alarm message, and implement remote monitoring and diagnosing.