The cultivation of crops in greenhouses has brought great convenience to our lives and has been widely promoted and applied. In seasons when it’s not suitable for plant growth, ensuring the greenhouse growth period and yield of crops is very demanding to the environmental factors of the planting environment, like temperature, humidity, illuminance, and carbon dioxide concentration, etc. In order to create a suitable growth environment for crops, agricultural production personnel need to pay attention to various environmental indicators in real time and conduct correct cultivation management.
Therefore, InHand delivers a smart agricultural greenhouse monitoring system using IoT technology and the industrial cellular modem InDTU324. It is able to monitor the variables in the greenhouses and help create conditions for high yield, high quality and improve efficiency for agricultural production.
Greenhouse Smart Monitoring Solution
The whole system consists three major parts: data acquisition part, data transmission part, and the data management center part. The data transmission part adopts the wireless modem InDTU324 to upload the temperature, humidity, illumination, CO2 concentration and other collected parameters in the greenhouse to the cloud platform in real time through GPRS network. Through data monitoring and analysis, the reomte monitoring system is able to remotely control the wet curtains, fans, spray and drip irrigation, internal and external sunshades, top and side windows, heaters and lights and other equipment to ensure that the greenhouse environment is most suitable for crop growth.
The InHand Network's wireless modem InDTU324, featuring high data transmission rate, wide signal coverage, strong real-time performance, high security, low operating and maintenance costs, is used as the communications terminal to provide reliable network communications in unattended environments.
The InHand Device Sense Cloud serves as cloud in the complete cloud + end solution. The InDTU324 connects RTU through RS485 port to collect various variable data through common industrial protocols, and packages the data into MQTT protocol data packets, which are sent to the device cloud through wireless network. The device cloud provides a B/S structured display page to facilitate administrators to keep track of the status of the greenhouse. Device Cloud also provides big data storage and computing services to provide a solid foundation for more accurate field management.
InDTU324 Industrial Cellular Modem
● Ultra-low power consumption
● Support GSM/GPRS and available with LTE CAT M1 and NB-IoT
● Data and SMS mutual backup and transmission
● Industrial-grade quality, operating reliably in harsh environments
● Remote configuration, upgrade, and maintenance, improve management efficiency
● Support InHand Device Manager cloud for batch operation and central management
● Intelligent protocol processing makes networking solution more flexible and adapts to more applications
InHand Device Networks Cloud
● Use InHand's “cloud”+“end” solution, to greatly shorten debugging cycle and reduce front-end deployment work
● Allow access of massive amount of equipment, saving equipment operation and management costs as well personnel management costs
● Save data traffic, InDTU324 upload data to the platform using MQTT protocol
● Easy web access and efficient remote maintenance