With the development of Industry 4.0 and IoT technologies, modern industrial robots are more and more widely used in the manufacturing industry. The stability and reliability of robots in the production line are of great significance to the economic benefits of production. Designed with complex structures, the industrial robots place high demands on the maintenance capabilities of the technicians in manufacturing enterprises. The manufacturers are facing more and more challenges including real-time monitoring, timely service and high maintenance costs.
To help industrial manufacturers increase efficiency and reduce costs, InHand provides a complete remote monitoring and management solution for industrial robots. Powered by the InRouter900 edge computing IoT gateway, the system enables remote status monitoring of robots, real-time alarm notification and troubleshooting, remote fault location and program upgrades, asset management, and preventative maintenance.
An reliable edge computing gateway:
● 4G network access
● Python programming
● GPS/base station location
● Data acquisition, data preprocessing, data filtering, data cleansing, and data security
● Access Microsoft Azure cloud
● Build on-demand remote maintenance tunnels
On the cloud side:
● User access control
● GIS location management
● Real-time data monitoring and historical trend analysis
● Alarm, fault analysis, and maintenance
● Assets maintenance and management
● Support document repository and expert system
The InRouter900 edge computing IoT gateway collects data (robot arm position, move speed, moving motor temperature and etc.) from filed PLCs and sends the data to the cloud platform via wireline, 3G/4G or Wi-Fi .
Enabled by python programming, manufacturers can customize their application logic and perform local data pre-processing. For example, via Python programs on InRouter900, the data collection interval can be defined as 100ms-200ms for fast-moving robotic arms.
At the cloud side, engineers can monitor robots' operation status real-timely, receive fault alerts, conduct remote upgrade and perform preventive maintenance based on the accumulated data. Leveraging IoT, the complete remote monitoring system helps robot manufacturers increase uptime, optimize performance and reduce operational costs.
Not only an industrial router, but also an intelligent edge computing gateway:
● Data collection
● Edge computing capabilities based on Python programming
● Support Modbus
● Support customized communication protocols
● Offline data cache and retransmission
● Receive commands from cloud and inform field devices
● Support secure maintenance tunnels for remote debug and firmware upgrade
● Auto-sync cloud configuration and read device parameters based on new configurations
● Set different logic rules for different devices
● Logical operations and data preprocessing
● Alarm analysis and sending alarms to cloud
● Support mainstream Internet and IoT protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, MQTT, and AMQPS