Oil wells feature harsh industrial environments where a lot of unmanned devices are geographically spaced out. Making sure everything is in good conditions can be a big challenge for technicians. People have to stay on site most of the time and keep track of all the machines. Faults must be detected as soon as possible, as downtime means not only losses in revenue but also maintenance costs and human labor.
In order to reduce maintenance costs, save labor, and more efficiently manage various machines on site, a remote monitoring system is required to track the operation status of equipment, detect faults and conduct preventive maintenance.
PLCs, HMIs and other smart devices around the oil wells are connected to the IR615-S via Ethernet ports. Data collected from the devices are then transmitted to the InConnect via cellular networks, so that engineers can access their devices anytime from anywhere. With the OpenVPN tunnel between the IR615-S and the InConnect, data from those onsite machines are encrypted during transmission, freeing customers from security concerns.
With the remote monitoring system, it is easy to conduct online test, variable tracking, maintenance and diagnostics, remote program uploading and downloading, data collection, etc.
● Reliable, secure and uninterrupted network access, available with LTE CAT4/1/M1, Wi-Fi and Ethernet
● 5 Ethernet ports, dual-SIM failover
● VPN tunnels protect data security
● All industrial design, EMC level 3
● FREE Device Manager for remote batch management
● All industrial design, EMC grade 3
● Plug & play, no IT knowledge required for remote connection
● Advanced security to better protect data
● Remote management, free from travel