Seismograph stations are generally located at remote sites and in harsh environments, which makes it difficult to send the real-time data collected from different nodes to the earthquake monitoring center. To improve the efficiency of the data acquisition system and finally to ensure accurate earthquake detection, a reliable communication network is mandatory.
Earthquake detection now relies more and more on wireless networks, especially cellular. Satellite communication is costly, requires a large power source and is limited by bandwidth and latency considerations. Satellite also is unsuitable for areas with dense foliage or high mountains blocking the signal between the satellite and the remote site. Cellular has now become the ideal choice for earthquake detection telemetry system.
Seismic monitoring system requirements:
● Support 2G/3G/4G networks
● Communicate with seismic monitor via serial port protocol
● Support remote management and maintenance
● Industrial-grade rugged design for harsh outdoor environments
● Wide voltage DC12-48V
● Withstand high and low temperature -25°C-70°C
At each fixed seismograph station, InHand InRouter900 cellular router connects to the seismic monitor and sends real-time data to the earthquake detection remote monitoring center via 3G/4G cellular networks. The sensor is able to record very small vibrations into an event file. The event file contains information like intensity, a time-stamp, waveform data and other parameters. The detailed data enables accurate event detection, advanced analysis and earthquake prediction.
The InRouter900 cellular router endures harsh outdoor environments and provides a reliable communication between remote sites and monitoring center. It supports VPN to allow engineers connects to the stations and conduct analysis via secure tunnel wherever they are. Using InHand Device Manger cloud, engineers can view the GIS locations of remote stations, remotely monitor the connection status and data usage of scattered InRouter900 routers and conduct mass upgrade/management. The Device Manager also adopts optimized network management protocol which is ideal for low bandwidth and high latency environment.
● Support 3G/4G networks
● Hardware watchdog, Link auto-recovery and auto-reboot to ensure “always-on” connection
● Support various interfaces
● Configurable via Web, Telnet, SSH
● Support Serial Console with RJ45 port
VPN and Data Security
● VPN technologies ensure encrypted data transmission
● Support SPI and DoS
Rugged Industrial Design
● Wide temp. range -25~70 °C
● IP30 protection
Proven by Several Thousand of Installations
● Several thousand of InRouter has been running reliably at different seismograph stations in different provinces and regions of China
● Proven by China Earthquake Administration and China Academy of Sciences